Falvo Funeral Home was first founded in 1926 by Joseph Falvo. The original location was on Ontario Street on Rochester's northside. He established locations on Lake Avenue, Woodward Street and finally the present location on North Goodman Street near the Irondequoit border.
Joseph ran the funeral home until 1961 when he passed it on to his sons Richard and Arthur Falvo. They ran the family business until 1995. At that time Richard's sons; Mark, Michael and Chris took over and now operate the North Goodman Street and the new Fairport Nine Mile Pt. Rd. locations.
In 2006 Richard J. Falvo, Chris's son began the fourth generation of Falvo's continuing the tradition that has been part of Rochester's history for more than 82 years.